Skip to Navigation
Skip to Content

Background Contrast:

Current Style: Standard

Current Size: 100%

Am I a carer?

Print this page

A carer can be a parent, sister, brother, husband, wife, partner, foster parent, grandparent, son, daughter, friend or anyone else who supports a person with a disability in their home.

A carer provides unpaid care and support to a person with a disability.

Carers can access respite if they care for a person aged between 6 and 64 years who have a disability, such as:
·         an acquired brain injury
·         an intellectual or physical disability
·         a degenerative neurological condition, or
·         an autism spectrum disorder.
If you care or support someone over the age of 64 years (frail aged), or under the age of 6years (early childhood) please contact your local council for further information.

Respite Information and Development in the East
1300 886 798

© 2013 All Rights Reserved
 Designed and hosted by Infoxchange Australia